Andre M. Ross
Mr. Ross joined Ewing & Associates on January 1, 2007. Before joining the Ewing firm, Mr. Ross was a senior litigation associate working for the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP. Mr. Ross worked in that firmís Construction Law Group defending general building contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, inspectors and other trades-related service providers in a variety of complex construction disputes.
Previously, Mr. Ross practiced law in Marin County defending real estate licensees and contractors in civil lawsuits and administrative (disciplinary) proceedings. Mr. Ross also counseled and/or represented home-owners, business entities and individuals with respect to contract, real estate and landlord-tenant disputes. Mr. Ross has also represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of civil tort actions, and has completed 40 hours of professional training as a neutral mediator.
Mr. Ross became a member of the California State Bar in May of 1995. As a young lawyer, he established an office providing contract attorney services to sole practitioners and law firms based in Marin County. Mr. Ross also provided criminal defense representation to indigent adults and juveniles referred by Marin Countyís alternate defendersí office.
Mr. Ross has also lived and worked in Hamburg, Germany as a foreign legal associate and translator for two international German law firms. He speaks German fluently, and has acquired legal training and experience working on a variety of cross-border transactional matters.
Mr. Rossís law practice offers counseling, advocacy and mediation services to real estate and construction industry professionals with respect to ongoing litigation as well as business disputes which have not yet blossomed into full blown litigation.
- State Bar of California (Litigation, Real Property Law and International Law Sections)
- Defense Research Institute (Committees on Construction Law, Professional Liability, Trial Tactics and International Law)
- University of California Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA, J.D., 1993
- The Johns Hopkins University Department of Economics, Baltimore, MD, M.A., all but dissertation, 1989
- Universitšt Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany, J.W. Fulbright Scholar, 1984-1985
- Phi Beta Kappa, Delta Chapter of Minnesota, 1984
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, B.A. Magna cum Laude, Economics/German, 1984